01 Jun Wedding Vows for the Seven Steps
Vows for the Seven Steps
The following are vows integrated into Hindu Wedding Ceremonies. In the south of India the couple walks toward the south while the groom holds the little finger of his bride. In other parts of India, the groom holds the hand of his bride as he walks her around a fire (lamp) seven times. Each rotation represents different aspects of marriage.
Although this ritual originates from India it is beautiful and deeply meaningful and, with considered planning it could be used in any contemporary wedding.
1) Together we will share the responsibilities of home and children
2) Together we will develop mental, physical and spiritual growth
3) Together we will prosper and share our worldly goods.
4) Together we will fill our hearts with great joy, peace and happiness
5) Together we will raise strong and virtuous children
6) Together we will remain life long partners
7) Together we will cherish each other and our families in sorrow and happiness
More vow ideas can be found on this website under Vows of Love and Commitment
Mary is a full time, Sydney based Marriage Celebrant working to make your ceremonies charming and creative.